Saturday, October 11, 2008

Life goes up, life goes down, life goes up

While mom had a nap today, me and Ruthie had a little photo shoot.

She tried on mom's glasses...and dad's hat...
and one of her toys. (As you can see, sometimes moms get so tired, they can sleep right through playtime)
What a cutie!
Here is a lamp a made last week. I call it the Bird Lamp.








And here is a box that I made for a box show in Seattle...



One of my bigger goals as a furniture maker was to have my work sold in the Northwest Fine Woodworking gallery in Seattle. I had the opportunity to take my work there this week and have it reviewed by a jury to see if it was acceptable to be in their showroom. I brought my bowfront sideboard cabinet and a pair of side chairs I made in Sweden.


There gallery is the best fine furniture gallery on the west coast and can be difficult to get in to. In fact, at their last jury, they did not accept any pieces. I am proud to say the gallery took both pieces and they are now for sale in their showroom! I am really excited about it. It was just the encouragement I needed after an otherwise rough week. I won't tell you that on the way home my truck broke down and we were stranded on the side of the highway for hours, waiting for help and that now we are a one car family. Uh-oh. Ruthie seemed to think it was a special 4 hour snuggle and play date in the car. She even got to steer for awhile. She was perfectly happy the whole time. It didn't cross her mind that we were stuck on the edge of the interstate during rush hour.


Finding it hard to imagine a baby happy to be stuck in a broke down truck on the side of the road? Well, we took this picture a couple hours in. If only we could all handle life's challenges with a look like that on our faces.

4 comments:

  1. ok #1. Those pictures of Ruthie trying things on are adorable! I love that you got Barb sleeping in the background. :-)
    #2. Congrats!!! How awesome it must feel to have your work up in that gallery!!! Those pieces are beautiful, so I have to say, I'm not surprised that they picked them. They are going to sell quickly, I'm sure!!
    #3. Ruthie's face in that last picture made me laugh out loud. She's adorable. Sorry to hear about your break down thought... but at least Ruthie was there to keep your spirits up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you guys do handle the downs of life really well. I think Ruthies facial expression is a reflection of what she sees from you and Barb. Great pics and Greg I think you're an incredible woodworker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie is sooooooo cute!!!!! I wish you guys could come over and play.

    And Greg, your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling pictures of Ruthie! I have tried so many times to comment but forgot my password. If this goes thru--success at last.

    ReplyDelete