Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Apple Farm











Isn't fall beautiful?! Fall, in the Northwest this year, is perfect. The weather is crisp and clear. The evenings have been met with the smell of that great early season chimney smoke and the light fog that hovers above the wild grasses. I don't mean to get all poetic on you, but it's so nice it is worth trying to describe. We took advantage of one of those beautiful fall days in Washington last Sunday - we went to the local apple farm...again. Bellewood Farms. We love it there. We went with John, Christy, Alexander and Mom Best. We took their complimentary golf carts for a joy ride around the farm, stopping to pick the ripest, biggest apples at our leisure. Mmm...a Honeycrisp apple in season has no competition. And when you dip that Honeycrisp in the apple farm's homemade caramel dip, GOODNIGHT! That's the stuff sweet sweet dreams are made of. If ever there was a reason for your mouth to water and drool!

[Okay...Focus...Must finish blog.]

Yeah, fall is great up here. I have been struggling in my business the last few weeks. I haven't been finding much work and it has been really stressful. But, things took a positive turn in the last couple days. I have received a couple jobs. One of them is making wooden "canvases" for a local fine art painter who paints big, colorful abstracts. Interesting. The other is doing some odd jobs for a local coffee shop chain. Also, I am building a church pew style sitting bench and possible a dining table. In about 30 hours I went from wondering where the rent check money was coming from to wondering whether we should go on the Mexican or Alaskan cruise next spring. Well, that may be an exaggeration. But, I am happy to have work, doing what I love.

Below are photos of a toy chest and my new kid's chair, called the "Giraffe Chair."

3 comments:

  1. Ruthie is such a cutie pie--esp. like the picture with the apple!
    I love the toy chest and giraffe chair. I'm jealous of your fall weather. Mutte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what type of hinge you put on the toy box because we have one that is frightfully dangerous right now as it can slam shut easily.

    Hmmm, I think I might have an apple now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had fun on the apple farm! That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete