Monday, September 8, 2008

Bonding

Having a daughter is the very best thing in the world.
Like almost every other dad, I secretly wanted my firstborn to be a boy. Isn't that the way it's supposed to happen? Why is that? Maybe it's because dads quietly fear they won't be able to relate to a baby girl. Relating to a baby sounds hard enough when you've never had one. But a baby girl?
Well, I wouldn't have it any other way. I didn't just get a girl. I got Ruthie! I wish you could all see her everyday like I do. I wish you could be the one to walk into her room in the morning and see her gleaming smile after she wakes up. She gets so excited about life. I wish you could see her talk and talk and then laugh with herself when left in front of a mirror. She's as big a fan of herself as we are!
We had a little mini family vacation this weekend at a cabin in the Canadian wilderness and I spent as much time as I could holding my little girl. Call it father-daughter bonding. I'm so glad I got Ruthie.










2 comments:

  1. Ruthie is a doll! No wonder you're proud parents. I'm sure her little personality is blossoming every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just the cutest baby girl ever!! I just love her pouty lips!
    Looks like you guys had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete